THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 1997 11:24:32 -0500
Sorry this response is late.  Apparently my email hasn't been going out for
about two weeks.

Mary,
Wow, what a lot of great info.  I can't wait to visit the websites you
shared. I will do it first thing this afternoon, after I finish up
homeschooling my little ones and doing my chores.
I am also doing the Zone Diet, which was recommended to me by several friends
with similar symptoms to mine, but without any diagnosis. I have been
diagnosed with Wilson's Syndrome and I am responding well to the protocol,
finally, but I feel the Zone Diet has done a great deal to help me along the
way.
My doctor told me that those with hypothyroidism typically have a problem
digesting sugars and fats, thus, I am taking some digestive enzymes, which I
think have also helped.
I also wanted to echo a previous warning to Melanie to avoid fasting if she
has a thyroid problem.  I know it is very frustrating to carry around an
extra 30 pounds, as I have also had that problem since my fourth child.
 After his birth is when I really began having the majority of my symptoms,
although some of them were present after my third child.  I started out with
exactly 30 pounds to lose also.  Since I have been on the Wilson's protocol
and following the Zone Diet, I have dropped about 1 pound a week.  I wish I
was losing faster, but I'll take what I can get.  My doctor seem to think I
will begin losing faster, about 3 pounds per week, once I have been on the
protocol a little longer, and my temps actually stay at 98.6.  Since I have
been carrying around this extra baggage for nearly five years, I would be
satisfied with getting it all off in 30 weeks, if that is what it takes.
Holycow, please do me a favor and don't respond to this post.
Blessings,
Ricci