THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alice Nestor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 19:25:00 -0400
Linda Johnson wrote about having to have a needle biopsy.
I had one(fine needle biopsy) done May 16th.  The pathologist report came
back
no cancer cells, BUT some cells looked folicular adenoma.  My Endocronologist
sent the biopsy away for a second opinion (which took six wks to get back,
after I
tracked it down, and had the results back in two days), with a result of ,
the pathologist where it was sent, felt there were not enough cells to make
and opinion.  So I've opted for surgery, which should be in the next two
weeks.

Linda, I feel the biopsy is easier than the stress waiting for the results.
I do have a question for others who have had a needle biopsy-  Has any one
who
has had a needle biopsy, got a result other than not enough cells??????
  I'd appreciate any input as my brother had the same result and when he
opted
for surgery , they did a frozen piece and said his tumor was beneign, and two
days
later after the remaining piece of his thyroid had been studied they found
two
cancer cells, one opened and had surgery to have complete thyroid removed
three
days after his first surgery.        Alice Nestor