THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 07:19:01 -0400

<< y just use the PDR for dispensing info : typical doses and how the
 medication is supplied.  There are other drug listing books that have
 better "side effect" info for docs >>

Hi,

For those who have no access to a PDR or feel it is too costly (if it can be
bought at the bookstore--I don't know if it can or not), there is also the
Nursing Drug Handbook.  My son gave me one for my birthday last year.  It
discusses the various medications, their contraindications, side effects,
etc.  It is very useful.  I don't know how the information compares with the
PDR in completeness, but it seems like a good guide to me.

Zee