THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Donna Janeczko <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 1997 03:32:57 -0400
You're right to be wary.  I am not interested in being "scammed" by a
sophisticated hype either.  There are a great many "nutrition companies"
which seem to have jumped on this bandwagon and there are a number of
natural progesterone products available -- often referred to as wild yam
products.  Who knows what percentage of progesterone is in this stuff?  I
would like to find an objective study on the effectiveness of this stuff,
with a comparison of the various forms.  The one I am trying does have a
listing of ingredients.  Some of the material I've read so far suggests
that 3% progesterone is optimal.  I just don't know, and hope that no one
thinks I'm advocating the purchase of these products.  This is just another
interesting idea and so far the biochemical explanations seem plausible.