From:
Amy Lash Esau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amy Lash Esau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 12:16:22 -0400

Thanks to all the replies to my request for a gf bakery in the Twin Cities for a great birthday cake.  I was quite impressed with the number of options in the Mpls/St. Paul area.  Here is a summary for those of you interested.
Thanks again,
Amy in Mpls.

4 people mentioned:
The Wedge Co-op - 2105 Lyndale Ave. So., Mpls. Phone #612-871-3993 - Black Forest Cake, Carrot Cake, a fruit-cheesecake tart - I ended up getting my cake at the Wedge, a yellow cake with chocolate buttercream frosting.  It was beautiful AND tasty according to my non-gf friends, family & me (and $32.00 for a 2 layer round cake, but I'll only turn 40 once, and I didn't have to make my own birthday cake!)

2 people mentioned:
The Bitter Sweet Bakery - opening in mid-October - 952/423-1946 (will have new phone number when officially opened) - 2105 Cliff Road, Eagan (again, after opening)

1 person mentioned:
Rainbow's End - somewhere on Cedar Lake Road in St. Louis Park - the person had not tried the Kosher bakery (that also carries gf items), but had seen an advertisement.

1 person mentioned:
Lakewinds Co-op in Minnetonka - Carrot Cake, "chocolate things" and Bundt cakes

I person mentioned:
Fresh & Natural in Shoreview - no details

1 person mentioned:
Bread Art - 110  3rd St N Bayport, MN  (651) 351-1475 - Regular bakery that has gf baked items brought in on Tuesdays

1 person mentioned:
Madwoman Foods - Minneapolis - Up-and-coming (next year sometime) gf bakery w/ muffins, specialty cakes and frozen pizzas - Brenda said she could bake a cake for my next b-day.