From:
Lynda Swink <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 18:24:55 -0700

Hello friends,

Well I survived my hospital stay, with no thanks to the kitchen staff!
Why can't they get it?  I have read over and again from you on the list
the nightmares they serve to you in the guise of GF meals, but had no
idea what boneheads they really are, 'till now at any rate.  As you know
from my previous post I had asked in advance to speak to the head
dietician with no luck.  Well, the Dr. gave orders for GF meals and my
first breakfast was Rice Crispies with milk.  I only ate the fruit and
they wanted to know what was wrong with ME?  Before lunch they sent in
the dietician (I was graced with her majesty's presence) and she assured
me that everything would be taken care of.  She asked me what I wanted
and she really did seam to want to make sure I got what I needed.
However, when lunch came it was roast beef with mashed potatoes and
smothered in gravy.  I again ate the fruit, the rice cakes which were
provided and my fruit jello.  Breakfast the next day was beautiful fresh
fruits and rice cakes of which I saved half (in case of emergency) and
I'm glad I did!  'Cause lunch that day was smothered in you know
what.GRAVY.

In the words of Dorothy:  "There's no place like home."

Lynda Swink

~*~ [log in to unmask]  ~*~ _@V ~*~