From:
"Stacy M. LaRoche" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stacy M. LaRoche
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 16:06:33 -0400

Dear Members:

Antioxidant health is an important topic any time of the year, but summer is
a time when we tend to be more aware of free radical damage from the sun.
Free-radical damage happens all year long and comes in many forms. Damage
from the sun, while occurring all year long, tends to be worse in the summer
since we spend more time out of doors and wear less protective clothing due
to the heat.

Along with summer memories, what else stays with you as a reminder of your
fun in the sun?  Ever wonder what the connection the sun has to liver spots?
Think they are just part of the aging process?   Think that you only need to
be concerned due to vanity?

Those flat discolorations are about a lot more than vanity even though most
people feel they are just part of the after 40 aging process.  Traditional
medicine will tell you live with them, or try bleaching them and stay out of
the sun.  While sun exposure is part of the equation, and wearing sun screen
of at least SPF 15 is very important, there is more to it than that.  As
with people, outward appearances may count but it's what's going on in the
inside that counts more.

It is widely believed that poor nutrition, abnormal liver function, and lack
of exercise can also cause liver spots.  According to Dr. Beth Burch,

       "Brown spots are caused by the accumulation of a yellow pigment
called lipofuschin in the connective tissue of the body due to aging of the
collagen producing cells. When lipofuschin accumulates in the connective
tissue of the skin, brown spots are the result, sometimes called age spots
or liver spots. When lipofuschin accumulates in the connective tissue of the
retina, the result is age-related macular degeneration. The lipofuchin is
probably the remnant of incompletely degraded molecules from damaged cells.

Preventing damage to cells is the best approach to age spots and other
problems from aging. Antioxidants are the key to preventing cellular damage
from free radicals (highly reactive molecules that can destroy cellular
compounds). These protective antioxidants include carotenes, vitamins C & E,
selenium, flavonoids and sulfur containing amino acids.  Increasing the
amount of antioxidant foods in the diet along with supplementation will
decrease cellular damage. Be sure to avoid external sources of free radicals
including fried and grilled foods, rancid fats, solvents, pesticides, air
pollutants, radiation and petroleum based products."

So what can you do?
            Start a wellness program now. Some lifestyle and dietary changes
will be beneficial in developing a general wellness program and may speed
the elimination of these liver spots.

. Begin an exercise program

. Make some dietary changes mentioned below

. Avoid exposure to the sun without proper sun protection

. Cleanse your liver

. Take supplements that will help slow the aging process and aid in tissue
repair

Dietary Changes:

All of us need to avoid gluten, but in addition to our medically necessary
diet changes, good nutrition needs to be our focus. Dietary changes are
necessary to get some of the metabolic wastes out of your system and cleanse
your tissues. Some of these factors cause damage to your skin.

. Begin a detoxification program to clean your tissues and organs.

. Improve your diet to include more fruits and vegetables, especially in raw
form. Drink 8 eight-ounce glasses of water daily.

. Avoid sweets, caffeine, alcohol, tobacco, and junk foods. This is a main
foundation of ANY over-all Wellness Program.

. Avoid rancid oils. Refrigerate all oils after opening; store nuts and
seeds in the freezer or refrigerator; store grains in a cool place; avoid
all fried foods as the hot cooking oils contain substances that damage the
skin. (I just read GFL this month and this was mentioned)

How can we help?

We are about more than just selling the best antioxidant, anti aging,
supplement on the market (which is, of course, gluten free).  We are more
than the only company whose supplements have undergone two clinical trials
to prove bio availability and to guarantee absorption.  We are more than the
only company that can non-invasively measure your antioxidant absorption
because of our exclusive rights to the world-wide patents on the
Bio-Photonic Scanner® (http://www.pharmanexusa.com/html/hipBio.html ) and to
be listed in the 2003 PDR
(http://www.pharmanex.com/company/pressnews11.shtml ) and the only company
able to offer a money back guarantee if your antioxidant levels don't
increase. Our company is all about helping to educate people and take care
of people by producing the best products available through science - not
media hype.

So we are thrilled to announce two new GF products:  TRA (The Right
Approach) and Liver Dextox formula. We'll write about our TRA weight loss
product next month, but if you want information now, contact us at

Detox Formula
Toxins and foreign chemicals can be produced endogenously as byproducts of
normal metabolism or exogenously through our diet and the environment.
Without detoxification, these substances would continue to circulate
throughout the body and would not be eliminated. The liver, the body's
detoxifying organ is equipped with enzymes that neutralize and eliminate
toxins from our system. Often we overload the liver's detoxifying capacity
by adding toxins to our systems in the form of food additives, prescription
drugs, and alcohol, not to mention toxins from cleaning agents, and other
chemicals of modern day living.

Detox Formula is a proprietary blend of nutrients which help support the
normal detoxifying function of the liver. This unique formula has been
developed by Pharmanex Scientists to support both phases of liver
detoxification for comprehensive protection from harmful toxins.* Patented
D-Glucarate is nature's solution to promote the neutralization and
elimination of many toxic metabolites and foreign chemicals.

Features/Benefits:

  a.. Proprietary blend of D-glucarate, milk thistle extract (with
silymarin), N-acetyl-L-cysteine and vitamin C promote the neutralization and
elimination of toxic metabolites and foreign chemicals in the liver*
  b.. Powerful blend of liver-protective antioxidants protects and maintains
healthy liver cells and stimulates the normal growth of healthy liver cells*
  c.. Offers a special blend of ingredients that help promote the
stimulation of normal bile flow the livers second line of defense against
toxic chemicals*
  d.. Contains D-glucarate, a patented compound that has been scientifically
validated to protect the body from harmful toxic metabolites. D-glucarate is
a compound produced endogenously in humans and is also found in grapefruit,
apples, brussels sprouts, and other plant sources.*
  e.. Provides vitamin C and N-acetyl-L-cysteine as dietary precursors to
glutathione, the livers most important antioxidant for both phase I and II
detoxification pathways*
Detox Formula www.laroche.myPharmanexUsa.com
Item #01003502
Web Purchase Price: $26.60
Web PMP* and distributor Price: $20.00

 * Ask us how to get substantial discounts by becoming a distributor or
being part of the Privileged Member Program (no fee to join the program)

For more information about these and other products visit us at
www.laroche.myPharmanexUsa.com or by contacting us at

Sincerely,

Rick and Stacy LaRoche

SLR Distributors, LLC

1225 Park Ave

New York, NY 10128

212-534-5791

917-868-5526

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug
Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or
prevent any disease