From:
Marlene's Mixes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marlene's Mixes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 04:23:23 -0500

Thanks to everyone that entered the May and June drawing for two free
mixes. Congratulations to the May winner, Dan Quast and the June winner,
Lori Berry. Dan Quast chose the Tapioca Bread and Rice Muffins. Lori
Berry chose the Rice Muffins and is still deciding on her other product.

Marlene's Mixes now has a new one layer yellow cake mix. We baked it as
a cake with frosting and then decided to do something different. We
baked it in a jelly roll pan (like we do our pumpkin roll) and put a
pineapple cream cheese filling in it. (We send the filling recipe with
the order of the cake mix.) Those at the celiac meeting in Tyler, TX
loved it and and so did we, the testers. The cake mix is $5. We will
soon have a bun mix ready that can be baked in muffin rings. (Tuna cans
with the top and bottom cut out work like the muffin rings, just be
careful of the sharp edges.) We are also working on a cookbook that is
not too far from being finished.

We're looking forward to visiting more celiac meetings in Texas and
Oklahoma and possibly Louisana in the Shreveport area. We wish everyone
a happy summer and invite you to visit our website at
www.marlenesmixes.com Stay cool and well.

Marlene at Marlene's Mixes