Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 19:32:35 EST

Hi to the list,

   I am posting this message because I know there are numerous celiacs out
there in NJ.

   The head of my local CSA support group told us about a Chinese restaurant
here in Central NJ in which the owner knows the gf diet.

   The restaurant is located in Eatontown, NJ(Monmouth Co.). The owner knows
the gf diet as  he told us in recent years he used to cook for a celiac dining
group which ate there on a weekly basis.  My family decided to take me there
for a belated birthday dinner, and it was well worth the trip. The only thing
I did was bring my own gf soy sauce, and he took the rest from there.

   For the soup we had a soup called Tom Yam Soup, which almost tasted on the
style of hot and sour soup, but spicier. It had vegetables in it.

    For the main course I was able to have a gf version of sweet and sour
chicken. He was also able to make me fried rice with my own soy sauce. This was
undoubtably the best Chinese meal Ive had since dx. I felt like I was wandering
in the desert for 40 yrs. and found the oasis!

    The information on the restaurant is as follows:

    Far East Taste
    Pan Asian Restaurant
    Thai, Malaysian, and Chinese Cuisine
    19 Main Street, Rte. 35
    Eatontown, NJ, 07724
    Tel  (732) 389-9866

     The host/owner is Mr. Richard Wang. It makes sense to go on the days he
is there as he is the  only one who really knows the gf diet. He then
instructs his chefs how to cook in that manner. It makes sense to call ahead and go
early, as he can prepare special dishes for you, and he cleans out the woks.

    The Chinese restaurant is located on the main road in Eatontown. From the
front, the store doesn't look like a heck of a lot. It almost looks like a
dive. One has to enter from the back entrance. However, the food is wonderful.
We were the first ones there, and afterwards all the tables filled up. Mr. Wang
obviously likes return customers. He said the more you come by, the more he
gets to know you, and therefore can accommodate you even more. He can even make
gf spring rolls if given enough advance notice.

    This place is well worth the trip.

    Amy Kravitz, Monmouth Co., NJ   [log in to unmask]