VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Ryburn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Ryburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 08:00:49 -0500
Hi,
I recently bought the Lookout screen reader.  When I installed the program
it didn't seem to be working as it should. I assumed I wasn't using it
right.  I had to shut down my computer for awhile. When I rebooted my system
, I'm using Windows XP Home Edition, Lookout tried to start automatically,
but crashed Windows.  I tried to reboot up in safe mode. and remove the
program but couldn't do so.  I had to re-install XP.  I never did get the
Lookout program to load in correctly.  When I registered with the company on
their web site, I filled in the comment area on the registration form.  A
couple of hours later Premier called me about the problems.  I didn't called
them because they don't have a 800 number.  They said they would contact the
developer of the program and get back to me.  That was a few days ago and I
haven't heard from them yet.
So I can't recommend the screen reader Lookout just yet I'd wait for them to
work out the bugs.

Harry