Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 11:22:26 +1100
Preston, the CD-RW disks get a bit flakey after continued re-writes and this
message appears when the CD-RW cannot be accessed. It has happened to me a
few times. Depending on what version of Adaptec you are using, get to the
scandisk option and let it check the disc for errors. If you get a message
it has problems you will get the option to save any files that can be
salvaged to your hard drive. Unfortunately they are given numerical names
with a new extension which will have to changed to the original one if you
know what is, i.e. zip,exe,rar. It takes a bit of trial and error and
sometimes a clue can be obtained by right clicking it.

Good luck,
Alan Priol.

I have an AOpen  CRW 1232 CD device operating under W98 with all of the
latest patches.

Using Adaptic Direct CD, I use this drive as a backup medium where I store
files.  Today when I booted my system, I am told that the CD that was in
the system required a UDF reader to access.  This is the same CD that I had
been using for a week or so in R/W mode.  Under UDF mode in the AOPEN
device I can not read any of the files on this CD.  I also used this CD to
transfer files from my desktop to my laptop.  All of a sudden my laptop can
not read these files also

Is there a way to recover these files or should I just assume they are lost
and recreate as necessary (i do have relatively current versions of these
files elsewhere?

Thanks
Preston

                     visit our download web page at: