From:
m_sayer_ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 01:00:26 -0000
Hi, I don't know if anyone remembers, but I was having a problem with 2 of
my Epson Printers, a 640 with no black, and a 760 with no red.
Well, the problem seems to be nearly solved now, I've got the red back on
the 760, and I'm starting to see tiny stripes of black reappear with the
640.
I didn't know how to remove the heads, but I cleaned the sponge where the
heads park, and really soaked it with alcohol, and left it for a few days.
Every now and then, I ran the cleaning cycle on both of them.
Took ages, but eventually, when I attempted to print, I gradually got a
faint hint of the colour I was missing.
Now, the 760 works lovely once again, and I'm still working on the 640,
although that's been without black ink now for probably a couple of years.
(I gave up with that one some time ago, and began printing all text in
blue.)
I began to think there was no hope for it, until now, and every now and
again, I'm seeing the black reappear, so it seems that it may well soon be
cured.
This is really just to say, don't give up with your epson printers, but I've
learnt my lesson now, and I've been told that if the printer isn't going to
be used for a period of time, I should remove the ink cartridge and store it
with a cleaning cartridge (s) in it's place.
Ok, now a different problem.......printers again. Does anyone have any idea
what I should do about this?
I also have a HP Deskjet 820cxi, which has been working fine. I have just
changed the cartridges, and now I'm getting some error messages. Often I'm
getting the message that the cartridge is incompatible (it's definately the
right one, I checked), and I keep getting the message that there is a
problem with the port settings, and other times it says that it can't find
the port. (lpt1).
(These messages have been since the new cartridges were installed) I've run
all the trouble shooters, which basically tell me in the end to  contact the
manufacturers, but I've had experience with manufacturers before, and so I'm
slightly reluctant to do that.
I haven't changed any settings at all, and it worked this morning. About an
hour ago, I managed to print in black, but the colour is still playing up.
Any ideas? I've tried removing and reinstalling drivers.
Thanks in advance
Michele Sayer

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>