Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:42:43 +1200
I recently built a system for a gamer using a Gigabyte 7N400L-1, an Athlon 2600+ (2.13Ghz) and 512 DDR 400 ram.  It runs extremely well.

The only glitch occurred after he fired it up and started playing Medal of Honor.  Even with the CD in the drive it kept asking for the disk to be inserted, and the same thing happened with Battlefield 1942.

The salesguy at the wholesaler kept insisting that my customer's CD's were probably damaged, but that didn't seem right, as the problem was occurring with 4 different game CD's and I couldn't duplicate the glitch on my own system.

Finally I got to talk to the wholesaler's tech guy who said straight off, 'Get new nForce chipset drivers'.

That fixed the prob instantly - it was just buggy IDE drivers on the original motherboard CD.  The nForce chipsets are still newish and the latest driver pack was all that was needed.

I'd use the board again without hesitation.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand