From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 16:25:04 -0400
At 7/8/2003 11:30 PM, sue wrote:

>(HP Scan Jet 2200c). [On Win ME machine]
>
>I've tried reinstalling the scanner and have not been successful.
>
>The wizard was looking for a driver for a HP Scanjet 2110c
>model.    Of course, that's not the model of the scanner.   I've checked
>all the numbers on how to identify a scanner on HP's website...and all the
>numbers match from the label.   On the lid of the scanner is:   2200c.  So,
>I know the scanner is a 2200c.    Why would the wizard try finding a driver
>for a 2110c?
>Does anyone have ANY idea what is going on.     This is the first time I've
>ever seen hardware identified wrong by the wizard.   Any help is appreciated.

I've seen hardware misidentified before.  The easiest solution is to use
the "Add Hardware" in the Control Panel and force it to install the 2200c
drivers from the CD.  Just tell it No when it asks if you want it to auto
detect the hardware.  Make sure you've uninstalled everything first,
including removing it from the device manager if there.

Doug

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com