From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 10:43:01 -0400
On Monday 07 July 2003 08:51 pm, you wrote:
> I'm trying to set up an ancient Leading Technologies 6000S computer in
> order to run some even older but very needed foreign-language DOS software.
>
> I don't have the manual, and I'm stumped by a seemingly simple problem: I
> can't get into the motherboard Setup program. I tried the usual keys: F2,
> Del, Alt-X, Alt-Q, Q, X, and so on.
>
> Googling Leading Technologies did not lead to anything.
>
> How can I find the key combination for this motherboard?
>
> David Grossman

David:
There are some other key combinations that you may not have tried:
Ctrl-Alt-?
Ctrl-Alt-+ (+ on the number pad)
Ctrl-Alt-Insert
Ctrl-Alt-Escape
Ctrl-Alt-Enter
Ctrl-Alt-s
Ctrll-Shift-Escape
Ctrl-Escape
F1
F10
(and there are probably more.)

Another approach that _sometimes_ works is to power down, disconnect the
keyboard, and power up; the BIOS entry key combination _may_ be revealed in
the error message.

My guess is that Leading Technologies was a system builder who used
motherboards from various manufacturers. There is some good information on
identifying motherboards at:
http://www.motherboards.org/
Click on the "mobo tools" widget in the top bar.

Regards,
Carroll Grigsby

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com