C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Collis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 02:05:51 -0400
Brent, my point EXACTLY... You don't want the harrassment or fight with
the the FAA, right?  You want to be treated as a  pilot instead of a
pilot who happens to have C.P.

Did the college tell you you couldn't major in music?  If not, why
didn't you? At least you'd have the satisfaction of knowing you tried
it  I'm sure the professors would've worked with you. Mine sure did.  I
worked  a  January terrm on "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"  in college
theatre.  I bet if I'd wanted to major in Music they'd have found a way
for me there, too.. A lot of ab's wish  they could play music but they
can't. The TV series  M*A*S*H had an episode on this situation..  The
disability rights movement is just that.  The movement wants to stop the
harrassment and humiliation of people like Jennifer and you so that you
don't go through the harassment of fighting with the FAA, and Jennifer
can be mom to Ava and the other  without going through the humiliation
she went through.;..  Remember, it was only when the African American
identified himself as being African American that the civil rights
movemrent was born.  I know there were some African Americans who
thought the civil rights movement was insane, too  :-) .

This will be my last post on this topic as well... :-D   I know when to
shut up... :-P

Mike...