C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:01:08 -0400
Unfortunately it's made some disabled persons arrogant; they expect things to
be done for them just because they're disabled, which I find quite
irritating.  We are not entitled to things because we are disabled, in my
opinion.

When I was a child, I was given an inspiration of the year aword by the local
Optimists Club which I found deeply embarassing because it was awarded to me
because I was disabled, not because I'd truly done anything to deserve it.
I'd far rather have received it for academic achievement or most Girl Scout
badges merited rather than being disabled.

Kat