C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"BG Greer, PhD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:54:07 EDT
Few parents want their children to leave home. I preferred my children when
the were about grown because I could relate  to them better than when they were
younger. My kids kidded me about everything and that was fun. When we were
around my family, especially my brother, he thought my kids were dissing me, but
that is how we related. For example, they kidded me about my CP, my weight
and being absent minded. When they left I really missed them. They left with 3
months of each other.
They are better off. I have some cousins who live almost where they grew up
and they are narrow minded and not very sophisticated.

Bobby