C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:35:13 -0700
Hi,

  I've been taking kelp (1,000mg caplets three times a day) for several
months. Check this site - http://www.oregamax.com/throkelp.htm

  It lowers glucose levels, bp, boosts a sluggish thyroid. Recently, I read
on CNN where a company was developing a "chemical" to boost thyroid, to
replace thyroid medication. I had the thyroid test and the thyroid
antibodies test but both were unremarkable. I thought I'd try the kelp
anyway. I was stunned at the results. If you google "benefits of kelp",
you'll find all kinds of information about it. nothing more than a single
tablet packed with vitamins and minerals. Of particular interest to me is
that it can heal the heart. btw, my doctor was here on Friday morning to
check my heart with his monitor. It turns out that some time in the past
month, I had a heart attack. probably on the day of Mom's wake or the
funeral. I felt really sick and had chest pains, sweat and nausea and was
popping herbal tranqs like mad for two days. I am convinced the kelp and
magnesium I take daily prevented a full blow out. The doctor found a
blockage when he examined me on Friday. As far as he can determine, I "rode"
over the heart attack by sheer force of will (tenacity) and my vits/mineral
regimen. He'll be consulting with my cardiologists although he prefers to
treat his cardiac patients at home. Where I'm a germ magnet, he'd prefer
that I not be in hospital.

  I had almost all the symptoms of sluggish thyroid listed on the site noted
above, and since taking kelp, all are gone. Amazing. Kelp is also helpful
for arthritic conditions and immune deficiencies situations like rheumatoid
arthritis and psoriasis.

  Hope this helps someone.

Cheers!

Carla