C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2003 01:28:16 +0100
On Wednesday 21 May 2003 10:25 pm, you wrote:
> i preferr the removal of all the muslim theocraties

Why?

I thought freedom of worship was one of the tenets of the American
constitution. Its strange that the concept of freedom  seems to only apply to
Western Christian Democracies. That the export of US & UK violence is
justifiied, at least in part, by bringing "freedom" to other countries
(although the interim military junta in Iraq appears to want to impose its
martial rule for at least 2 years before allowing the Iraqis the promised
freedom).

"Freedom" is of course a relative term. A non-christian super power (if such a
thing existed) could justify invasion of the US on the grounds of freeing the
citizens from the imposed yoke of monogamy!! (Although personally I consider
"less is more" in the case of marital numeracy!!).

Watched a fascinating program on the BBC the other night, they had a camera
team sitting on the neo-conservative think tank, architects of Bush's hawkish
foreign policy, throughout the Iraqi invasion - frightening.

Cheers

Deri

PS Scott, I'm the Nihilist on the list (I was an anarchist but got thrown out
for not believing in anything,  rather than following the doctrine of
believing in nothing).

PPS  The two words in the above paragraph have probably triggered the FBI
email filter so a real FBI person has read this, hope he/she enjoys it.