C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2003 13:17:59 -0400
I think Ken is going to take a well-deserved break from the 'net for a
while, Mike.

Personally, I think the Administration's domestic policy has been
shipwrecked on the shoals of inattention.  Hard line reactionaries (the
opposite of leftist rebels, for those of you too young to remember the catch
phrases of the 60s/70s) have grabbed the helm of GWB's domestic ship while
the Prez is doing the counter-terrorist thing.

This particular plan stinks in dropping the "disabled" pref, but just might
be the ticket in the "homeless" category.  My reasoning is that, in my
experience, the term "homeless" is amorphous and subjective to the ideas of
the bureaucrat.

My granny lived in a section 8 project after my grandpa died, so I have some
experience with that system.

The bottom line is that the pie is only so large and in the view of these
renegade cabinet members they are making the program more equitable.  I
hardly agree, but it is a rationale.  Ney and Allard are just the messenger
boys.

As much as I like Bush's foriegn policy, I think he's not watching what's
happening in his own cabinet.  Why else would folks like Whitman, Fleischer,
et. al. be resigning like rats jumping from a sinking ship?

If Dubya's not careful NOW he's going to go the way of his father.  Geo. Sr.
was too busy playing America's "International President" while the domestic
situation went to hell in a handcart.

While I regard Jr. and Sr. as great statesmen, neither has any clue of what
it means to be of "middling means" in this country (recall George Sr.'s faux
pas with a gallon of milk at a D.C. supermarket?).  Both come from wealth
and have only known wealth.  That's certainly not just a "Republican"
disease, though.  Witness the Kennedy's--'nuff said.

-Kyle