From:
"Shawn M. Shea" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 11:16:10 -0500
Camilo Giraldo wrote:

> Hello fellows:
> A customer called me last night to go a fix her computer at the office.
> The problem is that when trying to open any program, a certain number of
> messages appear on the screen, such as "this program performed an
> illegal operation...", or "missing veg.dll", etc.  This happens with all
> the software in her machine (over 45 different programs under win95).

Hi Camilo! The fact that many of the programs do no work suggests missing
dll (dynamic link library) files. This means that you won't be able to run
the programs from the start menu. Re-installing Win95 will not reinstate
these files, you will have to re-install each program. If you are going to
do this you may want to start fresh and format and install everything. If
you have not already done so check for a virus. It is strange that all the
dll files would be missing. Also try going into the program directory and
running the program directory which may or may not work. It might be
worthwhile trying to find out what happened that would have happened in
order to erase these files. Has someone manually done this, a file cleanup
program, etc.??? Good Luck.

Shawn M. Shea

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]