C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elizabeth Thiers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:58:48 -0400
There are techniques for helping with the pain.  You can tape and splint at
the same time, it may help your hand sit in your splint better.  There is
also Botox with progressive splinting that would at least buy time.  They
also have Baclofen pumps now that cause a lot less drowsiness as the
Baclofen is put  directly in the spine where it is needed and not in the
body.  Some people have good results but, you have to work with a doctor who
really knows what they are doing.

Beth T. the OT