C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:42:51 -0400
Mike,

My name is Linda (age 30) and I can totally relate to your questions as I
posed some on the same topic probably about a year ago to the group.
Everything everyone has told you so far is SO TRUE.  Communication really is
the key.  When you meet that special someone that you might want to spend
the rest of your life with, you do need to be very up front with them about
your disability.  Not everyone is able or willing to really deal with some
of the issues that we face every day having cp.  But when you find that
special person who is, then it is wonderful.  I have found that special man
(finally!) and I can tell you that we have had MANY conversations.  As far
as the more intimate side of things, experiment and communicate.