C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"K. Salkin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 20:14:37 -0400
I got a rude awakening the other day regarding the reality of the economy,
my HMO and my doctors.

Last year, Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC (BCBSNC) bought out my HMO, Partners
and our coverage switched over to BCBSNC the first of the year.  Since then
I've had to get new scripts because BCBSNC took several of my meds off tier
one ($10 copay) and put them in tier three ($40 copay). Thus my script
expenses went from $40 to $120 in less than a month.

Last week I needed a new script so I called my doctor's office and asked to
see my PA whom I'd been seeing for 20 years.  Turns out she's no longer
there and I'd have to see one of the doctors. So I went in to see him.  No
problem with him but I'd rather see a female for female problems. Turns out
they had to lay off all the PAs in the practice because 70% of their
patients are BCBSNC now and they pay less per patient than Partners did.
They didn't know where my PA had gone and I am royally pissed.  I feel like
I've been screwed.

I'm thinking of going to another practice that has a female doctor but damn,
I hate switching practices.   Damn the insurance company for doing this to
me!  I can't switch to a more flexible plan because the premiums are a lot
higher and the copays are higher.  Too expensive.

Arrggghhhhhhhhh!!!

Kat

The trouble with practical jokes is that very often they get
elected.   - Will Rogers