C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Scott Sands <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 07:18:23 -0700
Kyle:

I agree with that last point -- It's true that athletes like Boomer Esiason
and celebrities like Michael J. Fox and Christopher Reeve have faced
debilitating illness in their family and their own lives, but one wonders
whether they would have become such great supporters of their causes without
direct intervention by the condition they fight against.

That down in print seems pretty harsh, but I often wonder myself if I hadn't
been affected (however mildly) by CP whether I'd be the same person I am
today -- I'm not, and I'm glad for it.

Scott