C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 10 May 2003 00:46:22 -0400
Hi Jennifer,

Welcome to the list!

I did therapeutic riding for a few years, and I really loved it.  We did
lots of stretching on the horse, along with balance work.  It really
loosened me up, and it was fun!  Then I had surgery, and I'm no longer able
to ride.  Hopefully I'll be able to go back to it someday, though.  You can
check out the stable where I rode at http://www.chtr.org/.  I designed that
website.  http://www.narha.org/ is also a great resource.

Just for reference, I'm 19, with spastic diplegia CP.  I'm non-ambulatory
(using a power chair), but my speech and upper body aren't affected.  I'm a
junior (just finished exams, so no longer a sophomore!) at the George
Washington University in DC.  I also like romantic dinners and long walks on
the beach... Oh wait, no I don't, the chair sinks into the sand.  ; ) I
actually like Harry Potter and feminist/peace activism.  But I wouldn't say
no to a romantic dinner, anyway. : D

~Joy~