C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 19:53:57 -0700
It has been good for me to read the discussions about the war. Living in Berkeley, I'm around lots of like-minded left-leaning folks, and it's good to here other perspectives. I'd like to add a few thoughts to the mix.

I celebrate with the Iraqi people that Saddam is out of the picture (at least for now), I question the Bush administration's motives and wisdom. I find it suspect that the stated reasons for invading Iraq kept changing, that no WMD have been found, that Halaberton (sp?) and US oil companies stand to make millions in Iraq, that there are rumored plans for US military bases in Iraq, etc.. And I don't think we are going to win the "war on terror" through force!  9/11 was absolutely horrible, but people are angry at the US because some of our actions and policies have hurt millions. We do a lot of good in the world, but we've also done much harm. Until we own this, and truly work for justice (not retribution), we will continue to be a target of force. This will be especially true if we continue to "call the shots" alone in the world community.

I don't know what the answers are in a world where weapons abound, but I do know that force begets force.

Well, that's my update.
Pam