C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 05:37:53 EDT
7bit
From:
In a message dated 7/29/03 3:41:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>    Mag That sounds wonderful.. I love going to quiet natural places
>    .. best place to get my head back in order and feel rested ,
>    Have a great time :-)

Tara, it was wonderful! So gorgeous. We took a river ride on a steam boat,
and I got deliciously drunk. I wanted to go up to the 2nd level so they got out
this thing that they locked my wheelchair onto. It had tires like an army
tanker, and so the guy was pulling me up the ten steps pretty easily.

The cabin was located in an RV park, and had nice wide doors, windows
overlooked a huge expanse of golden grasses and then there were the trees, and it was
easy to think what it might look like a hundred years ago. My assistant slept
on the hide a bed, and I had the queen bed. The shower was great. It had a
nice big pull-down seat, grab bar all the way around, and a fairly decent
non-skid surface. The bathroom could have been improved only by having a grab bar
next to the toilet. There was a vanity with mirror and a sink in the bedroom,
which was a better set up than what I have a home!

But, it was very hot! I ended up taking two cold showers a day. Even so, it
was a great trip and got to see my best friend from high school. She is the
daughter of a guy who drove a truck at a girl scout camp where my Mom was a camp
counselor, so the family is like a second family to me.

Love,
Mag

I am available to do writing, editing, reporting, designing jobs, including
business cards, etc. I am also a disability rights activist.