Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 14:52:05 EDT

Dear Group,
I just got back from an amazing week at the Friends Lake Inn, Chestertown NY
in the Adirondacks: (518) 494-4751, http://www.friendslake.com  It is about
20-30 minutes from Lake George Village.  Before I arrived, I sent the inn
some
information about the GF diet and Celiac disease.  They assured me they would

accommodate my needs and did they ever!  Since I was diagnosed I have not
eaten
out so well without a problem!  They bent over backwards to make my meals
(breakfast and lunch) both gluten-free and delicious.  The evening chef
changed
many of the existing appetizers so that I could have them, including a
delicious lobster and scallop crepe.  I brought a bread mix, a brownie mix
and some
tinkyada pasta  with me which the evening chef (Kirk-a culinary genius)
turned
into a magnificent shrimp and vegetable dish.  He actually thanked me for my
information about the disease and asked where he could purchase special foods
so
that they can accommodate any other future guests at the inn with similar
needs!  I gave him a gluten-free pantry catalog and the number to the "really

great food company."  Every member of the wait staff seemed to be advised on
what
to do and not to do, so that when I reminded each new person who I was and
what was necessary, they already knew!  What a relief!  The morning chef came

out to ask questions and was even boiling the pans before making my breakfast

just to be sure.  I had not one problem and I am very sensitive to gluten.
The
owner even mentioned having a meeting with her staff about Celiac disease
based on my information and she will make sure they are prepared when future
guests arrive!  The place is a class act, my non-celiac husband loved the
food and
it is one of the finest places we have ever stayed.  Needless to say, I
already booked a weekend in the fall.  Besides their willingness to adjust
the menu,
the place is fabulous and so is the area.  What a relief to travel and eat at

a place without the usual worry.  It is hard to be TOTALLY relaxed as a
celiac when eating out, but this place is the closest I have felt to what it
"used"
to be like to eat out/travel!  Trust me, I have no ties to this place except
I promised them a good word on this site!  If you call and make a
reservation,
make sure you mention my name and tell them I referred you!!!  --(Angela
Barca)  Happy traveling to all!
Sincerely,
Anjel in NY