From:
Prima Provisions <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Prima Provisions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 23:50:19 -0400

               "I have not had any tortillas in 10 years that were good. These were delicious!"  BW - Nebraska City, NE

These are the words of a customer that discovered tortillas made with Chebe Bread mix.  We will soon make available for sale from our website, www.chebe.com, an electric tortilla maker that quickly makes delicious Chebe tortillas.

Here is a recipe you can try with or without the tortilla maker:

Easy-Awesome Avocado Filling:
2          ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, diced
2          Roma tomatoes, diced
3          green onions, chopped
1/2 C.    feta cheese (crumbled or diced)
2 tbs.   fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 tsp.   cayenne or white pepper
1/2  tsp.   garlic salt
2-3 tbs. lemon or lime juice

Gently toss all of the filling ingredients together and let stand for 10-15 minutes to blend flavors.  (Can be kept in the refrigerator overnight.)

Tortillas:
1.  Make the Chebe dough according to package directions.
2.  Divide dough into 6 equal pieces.  (This gives you about 3 oz. of dough each piece.)
3.  Place the dough piece between two sheets of waxed paper and flatten thinly into a tortilla shape.  Remove top sheet of paper.
4.  Heat a non-greased skillet to medium temperature. Place exposed side of tortilla dough on the skillet, carefully removing second sheet of paper.
5.  Heat each side for a few minutes until browned.
6.  Place filling in tortilla and gently roll it up.

NOTES:
-  If you use cheese in the preparation of the Chebe dough, we recommend using a finely grated cheese since thicker cheese can create holes in the tortillas.
-  Preparation is even more convenient using an electric tortilla/flatbread maker.  Place dough piece in the tortilla maker, press for a few minutes until done.
-  You may store the fried tortillas in an airtight bag or container in the refrigerator for a couple days, and reheat them in the microwave when ready to serve.
-  The avocado filling is also great in a Chebe sandwich bun or as a dip for Chebe bread sticks!

Enjoy 'em!

Chebe Bread Products
Vermont - USA