BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"John A. Byerly" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:26:17 -0500
Christine,

Thanks for your reply.

Mom evaluated WindowEyes (I think that is how it is spelled).  The thing
just wouldn't shut up.  It was happily reading everything and it was
difficult for her to figure out what was going on.

Mom hasn't expressed much of an interest in surfing the net, but since all
of her kids live a distance from her (ditto for her brothers and sisters),
she would like to use e-mail.

I was in the process of writing an e-mail program for her, but I have been
swamped with other work and have not been able to get back to it.

As far as ConnectOutloud, my wife downloaded a demo of it some time ago, but
was never able to get it working.

One big complaint that Mom has (and I have as well) is that most of these
programs require a person to have visual capabilities to configure.

JAB