From:
Rich Tambasco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rich Tambasco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:05:13 -0400

Hi Everyone-  I am a parent of a 4 yr. old Celiac.  When I heard about
the article I was an individual that went and purchased the magazine so
I could see it for myself.  Yes, I was hurt, and astonished that Oprah
would allow publishers/editors and whomever else to publish derogatory
remarks of any kind.  HOWEVER,  the sisters did apologize to us for
making those remarks and have admitted that they knew nothing about it.
Ok, so they shouldn't have done it.   Rather than all jumping on the
band wagon and try to get them fired (which will never happen- Oprah
likes this group, they've been on her show several times)  let's band
together.thank them for apologizing and move on.  They have told us that
they are adding it to the list of topics to be discussed.  Who knows?
Maybe this is the IN we need to make it on the Oprah show.  That would
be huge!

I am not saying we as a group don't have a right to be angry.. we do.
But, would we have been this upset if the comments had been directed at
another group that is in need of just as much positive publicity?
Probably not.  Just my thoughts.

Thanks everyone- Let's see if we can turn this into a positive turn, its
bad enough the comments were made.

Karen
P.S. I believe the blank reply any of us got from emails to their email
was  a simple acknowledgement that they received the emails.  I sent
them an email thanking them for the apology and asked them to make CD a
priority on their topics to discuss.  I informed them that much of the
country was in the dark about this illness and an opportunity to discuss
on their medium was one we couldn't afford to pass up.