From:
Caryn Gottlieb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Caryn Gottlieb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 09:06:29 -0500

I received another restaurant recommendation for Charleston, SC, and I
thought I would pass it on.  (I posted my summary yesterday.) A listmember
wrote the following:
***
I highly recommend a resaurant in Charleston called "Slightly up the
Creek".  It has excellent food (specializing in seafood, but other choices
also avail.), friendly, relaxed service.  Try to go around sunset and ask
for an upstairs table - lovely view.  (probably need a reservation).  Try
the grits - I don't usually like grits, but the waitress convinced me to
try them - they are like a gourmet treat.  The ones I had were prepared
with portabello mushrooms and tomato and garlic....tasted like a fine
risotto.  Have fun!
****
Thanks to all who responded to my post.
Caryn in Washington