Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Lacustral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:54:03 -0400

Hi ...

i have been doing an elimination/challenge diet recently.  i found that
milk, all gluten grains (wheat, rye, barley and i think oats) make me sick
-- groggy, tired, irritable, depressed -- for about 5 hours to a day.
Sick enough to go to bed.  No
non-gluten grains have done it to me although i *may* have had minor
reactions to corn and rice.  i have a lot of inhalant allergies and it's
difficult to tell if feeling a bit sick is a food reaction or seasonal
allergies.

So what next?  i have been largely gluten-free in the past few weeks, i
have been dairy-free for months.  i started eating a gluten-free diet on
Mar 30, i tried barley April 8, got sick, ate gluten-free till the 15th
when i ate oatmeal, got sick.  Since then i have been gluten-free.

So, i would like to know if i have celiac disease.

Is it urgent for me to get tests done soon?  I mean, how quickly are my
IgA/IgG antibodies and vilii likely to go back to normal if i'm not
eating gluten?

I haven't been tested for IgE grain or dairy allergies.  How common is it
to have an IgE allergy to gluten vs. an intolerance?

I haven't had GI celiac disease symptoms.  I have had depression,
tension/fatigue, numb toes.  I have an intolerance to apples, same
symptoms as the milk and wheat, and an IgE allergy to Candida yeast (i
mention these because they might indicate a gut permeability problem).

How much gluten would i have to eat in the future to get reliably tested
for celiac disease,  if i can't get tested now?  At least right now,
eating gluten grains has made me SICK.  So i am reluctant to go back on
a gluten containing diet.

Would it work, say, to eat gluten once, then get a test for it?  How long
before a test would i need to eat gluten?

thanks!

Laura