From:
Sharon Koller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 05:43:34 EDT

I'm still getting requests to send out a summary even though I sent it out
two days ago.  I'm sending it again but apologize if duplicates are sent to
the
list.  Also, I had mentioned that there might possibly be a test that could be
used even after someone had been gluten-free but I've been informed that this
isn't accurate.  You must have gluten in you to have the tests performed.

Thanks everybody for your responses.  It's wonderful to have the support of
this list.

This one wasn't sent to me but I read about these tests in Dr. Braley's book,
Dangerous Grains.  His clinic is in Hollywood, Fl affiliated with York
laboratories.  I think I've seen it advertised on this site but wanted to
include it
again in case somebody couldn't get a doctor to write a prescription for
blood work.  Both these tests are done in your own home as skin prick tests
and
then sent off to the lab.  For celiac testing - cdSCAN IgA tTG  and for food
intolerane he has another skin prick test - EgG ELISA
www.drbralyallergyrelief.com
----------
go to www.celiac.com and put blood test in for the search word

-----------

my children are being dignosed in November (insurance issues).  Their lab
slip reads as follows:  Anti Endomycial Antibody and Anti Gliadin Antibody.

-------------

Being off gluten is not good but still may have elevations in the IgA and IgG
and EMA test (also know as ttg but remember 30% of the test are false
negative...If you have any reason to believe that your son is celiac plase
pursue
further.  Your MD does not know that much about CD (assuming he is like most)

------------------

> The only problem with the blood testing is that it may not indicate
> celiac and your son may still have it. There is a new test that tests
> the stool for the gliadin antibodies. It is a simple, noninvasive test
> and not yucky at all. Very well designed test kit. Check it out at
> www.enterolab.com. It's 100% accurate. Check out the lecture page, FAQs,
> and testimonials. It's the Gluten Stool Sensitivity Test, sixth test on
> the test page. It's a relatively new test that was developed by a
> gastroenterologist who himself has celiac. He was very unsatisfied with
> the blood testing and intestinal biopsies because they can't always
> diagnose celiac. All proceeds go to the Intestinal Institute for
> intestinal disorder research. You don't have to get doctor approval
> before taking it. This can be important because many, many doctors don't
> believe celiac is very common and don't recognize a lot of the symptoms.
> The test is $99 plus S/H, but you can request an insurance code in the
> comments section so that you can get reimbursed at least partially by
> your insurance company. Let me know if you have any questions. This test
> is how I was diagnosed recently.

------
I had one more response that was so long that it was rejected from the list
even when I broke it into two parts.  If anyone would like the last part, I'd
be happy to email it to you directly.