C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:45:02 -0400
Hope you don't mind if I butt in but...
There are studies out there somewhere that look at Black on Black prejudice.
I couldn't tell you who did them, you may have to look around for them but,
I found it pretty interesting.  Maybe Bobby will have something more
disability related.

Beth t the ot

Subject: PWD's prejudiced against other PWD's

I've got kind of a strange question that I thought Bobby, as a retired
academician, might have the best handle on, but that others might have
an interest in as well;  Is there information available about people
within a minority group expressing prejudice against other members of
that minority group, or a smaller subset within that group?  The
situation I've encountered is a person with CP and some cognitive
challenges explicitly expressing prejudice against other people with
physical and/or cognitive disabilities that he interacts with.  This
persons cognitive issues are mild enough that he can reason, but it just
floored me when he expressed such obvious prejudice against others who
were not much different than himself.

Kendall Corbett