From:
Stardust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 17:10:41 -0500
I was first diagnosed with Candida overgrowth when I was in my 20's that was a long time ago (over 20 years ago).

These were and at times still are my symptoms:

   waking up in the morning with a very flat GI as I would drink and eat I could feel my GI expend at times up to 2 - 3 dress sizes bigger that I was in the morning.
   bloating
   itch and/or awful smell in the private part
   constipation at times up to a week or more; other times I would have a watery bowel
   whatever I would eat it would make me sick
   terrible gas smell....................(like rotten eggs)
   stomach/liver problems
   itchy anus
   concentration span very short to say the least
   always depressed, angry, loner, very little sleep at night
   headaches, asthma, mucus buildup, sinus infection, ear infection

This are some of the symptoms the list goes on and on.

Over the years as I got into the medical field I started to experiment with different foods and started to see a difference on how I was feeling.

Diflucan did't always work for me.  I went off any processed foods, sugar, flour, nuts and other foods (I can send you a copy if you'd like, but you'll have to send me your e-mail address).

I am not totally free of the Candida overgrowth but most of the time I can keep it under control even if I consume the forbidden food(s)

What's important is to have at least one B.M. on a daily basis, if everything is under control I can have from 3 - 5 B.M. a day.

Hope you can find something that would work for your son.

Maddalena

Tad <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I've never heard of this. What are the usual symptoms of Candida overgrowth?

-Tad