From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:36:12 +0900
On Tuesday, July 1, 2003, at 01:03  AM, Susan Carmack wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>> My theory on the paradox is based on the consumption of trans fats.
>
> My theory is that it is the amount of fast food Americans eat that
> causes
> the problem.

Another point is that the French eat a much wider variety of foods than
many English or Americans. Don't forget the social aspects too, it is
not all diet. French get their long long summer holidays, and in
general seem a very friendly, social people.

I know the French have a reputation for being cold and unfriendly, but
that is only in Paris that I could see. I spent a month in France a
while back, wandering the small towns and countryside. I have never met
such fine, friendly people. We were treated to free food more times
than I can remember, by chance met people. (This happened in Germany as
well, plenty of fine people there too.) This kind of social life can
add years to your life.