From:
Barbara Sheppard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:23:00 +0930
Tom,

>I prefer the Neanderthin standard, and will continue to eat macadamias.

It's interesting that you mention macadamias. I've just recently concluded
that I must be mildly allergic to them. On several occasions, after eating
a handful or two, I've noticed a few hours later that there was a feeling
in my throat as if it had a small lump in it, and my tongue has felt
strange and my lips perhaps slightly swollen.

I've eaten macadamias in the past and wasn't aware of any problems with
them, or with any other nuts. It may be that I'm simply more attuned to
such things now and simply didn't notice any symptoms before, or if I did,
didn't associate them with what I had been eating.

I'd be interested to know whether anyone else has had a similar experience.

Barbara