From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 11:25:20 +0200
I've never heard of this Udo before but took the time to read his Summary of
Recommendations. T
The probability is that olive oil in fact is the only reasonable oil to eat
and in the original shape, that is olives. But we sometimes like to use oil
and we have to make the best of it. The fact is that now living paleolithic
tribes don't have access to much oil of omega-6 and they did not have it in
evolutionary times either. This means our body is not accustomed to high
levels of omega-6. They did have good access to omega-3 and that is why our
body is accustomed to it and needs it in the right proportion to omega-6.
The proportion should be somewhere in the range of 1 omega-6 to 1 omega-3,
or up to, 4 omega-6 to 1 omega-3.
In western diets today it is not unusual that the quote is 20 omega-6 to 1
omega-3. That means we should do anything to find omega-3. Salmon, hering,
mackerel, sardines and I think tunafish as well are rich in omega-3.
The oils that have the best quote is flaxseed and rapeseed but we cannot say
fore sure that they are good. They are both seeds.

No, this man is not an idiot, lying perhaps but not an idiot. He is just
doing what he can to survive.
Eva