Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 2004 17:23:32 -0400
No, Shawn,

I use Norton Internet Security with the Norton Personal Firewall.  It has a
feature where it automatically scans for and configures most internet-enabled
programs on the PC.

Echolink won't work with XP Firewall because of the way XP Firewall works,
being a statefall firewall.  In other words, XP Firewall will allow any
communication if the request comes from your PC, but will block anything where
it deems the request as being external.  There may be a way to configure the
XP Firewall, but it wasn't apparent to me.

So, for Echolink, I just made a rule in my router and also in Norton Personal
Firewall to use ports 5198-5199 UDP and 5200 TCP.

Steve
K8SP