From:
richard & Karlene <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
richard & Karlene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:54:02 -0500
I just can't resist.
Thankfully there are two or more screen readers out there and a little
competition is good.  One very basic point strikes me as rather interesting.
Most newly  purchased computers will probably be using windows xp.  I just
upgraded window eyes from 4.2 to 4.5.  I'm using windows 98 so it didn't
really make a difference but I did the unthinkable and assumed that the
newest and latest would also work with xp.  If I was given correct info, the
personal version of window eyes will not work with xp you have to buy the
professional version.  This is not the case with jaw so if anyone is
comparing prices, compare apples with apples
73
rich