From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 20:16:08 -0400
I own both an Icom 706 mark 2 and a Kenwood TS2000.  The 706 will announce
the frequency as well as the s meter reading.  The 2000 will announce that
plus all of the menu settings.  The 2000 has the best receiver that I have
ever owned though I can't compare it with the k2 or 756 pro.  The 2000's
receiver is extremely quiet yet very sensitive and overload proof and its
adjustable band skirts are the sharpest I have ever heard.  The transmit
audio on the 2000 is absolutely fantastic with selectable bandwidth up to 3
kHz.  If you enter a menu item that has a range of settings, the 2000 beeps
at either end of the range.

After all the good things that I have said about the 2000, you might ask why
I still have the 706.  Well, its my backup rig.  It is small and an adequate
do everything transceiver but it can't come close to the performance of the
ts2000.

I would be lost if I didn't have an external keypad hooked to my 706, the
2000 has a keypad on the front panel.

Bob Tinney, K8LR, [log in to unmask]