From:
Gary Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2003 08:17:43 -0500
        Hello folks.  I have been working with elecraft on this device for about
six months.  Currently, they are working out all the details of the
firmware.  I am supposed to receive a unit to test for accessability
soon.  What I can tell you is, that for nearly every event that the k2 can
inform about, i.e. something which changes the display, a corrresponding
action can be programed for the krc2.

As soon as I get the specs, I have already committed to creating an
accessable software tool for programming this box.
It looks like it will make the k2 as accessable, (if not more so), than the
current crop of kenwoods with the vs3.

Also, elecaraft is working on enhancements to their k2 voice
software.  This uses a standard pc to give speech to the k2.

While not truly suitable for portable use, it works pretty well for
home-based use of the k2.

More on the krc2 as soon as I get my hands on one.