Date:
Tue, 27 May 2003 11:42:47 -0700

For those of you with children who may not eat much (such as my 4-year
old daughter), I found a GF (as confirmed by the company) nutritional
supplement in vanilla and chocolate flavors.

 From their website at:  http://www.ans-natural.com/balanced.htm
The first ever, all natural nutrition-packed drink created specifically
for kids is now on the market.  Kid's Balanced, designed for children
ages 3-13, is an absolute breakthrough for parents looking for an
anytime nutritional boost their kids will love.  The product is the
brainchild (pun intended) of American Natural Snacks of St. Augustine,
Florida, one of the country's leading natural snack companies.

Kid's Balanced, the Totally Nutritional Drink has virtues that top any
parent's wish list.  These 100% natural drinks are as impressive for
what they don't contain as for what they do.  They're 99% fat free,
dairy and lactose-free, and contain no cholesterol.  Each convenient
juice-box style carton features a cartoon "Cool Cat" who invites kids to
"Chug This!"  And when they do, kids will get an ample portion of
dietary fiber plus 24 vitamins and minerals, including calcium and iron,
(in both cases more than 30% of the RDA!).  Most importantly, Kid's
Balanced contains 5 grams of soy protein per serving.  The FDA recently
announced that soy products are beneficial in preventing coronary heart
disease when combined with a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol.

"As you can imagine, our foremost objective was to achieve a taste that
kids actually love," said Casey VanRysdam, Division President, American
Natural Snacks.  "We use all natural ingredients, high quality chocolate
and vanilla, and no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives.  That's
why the product delivers on great taste."

Today, obesity and malnutrition in children are epidemic, as are the
behavioral problems both conditions can cause.  Kids get too much sugar,
salt and fat.  The ingredient list of Kid's Balanced illustrates that
the makers of this product have listened to parents who are justifiably
worried about what their kids are eating.  Kid's Balanced contains none
of the chemical or synthetic ingredients that typically confound and
confuse.

The drinks are kid-tested and kid-friendly.  No parent wants their
children to load up on empty calories.  Kid's Balanced is nutritionally
sound, yet it's the snack or even the meal replacement kids will drink
up.  The flavors are Very-Vanilla and Choco-Chocolate.

Here is the response received by the company:

Hello Ms. Adams,

Thank you for the email below.  YES, our Kids Balanced Drinks are gluten
free.  The Kids Balanced drink packaging has been re-vamped and the name
has changed however the formula has not.  The new name is "Swigget".
Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Debi Shand
Customer Service Lead
American Natural & Specialty Brands