From:
Melissa Maedgen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melissa Maedgen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 18:01:26 -0500

Hi all,

I just had a bone-density screening and my T-score was -2.1, which ain't
good. I am setting a doctor's appointment for further testing. In the
meantime, I am trying to educate myself as much as possible. It seems that
most of the information I find on the Web talks about treating
postmenopausal or perimenopaual women, which I am not. I am in my 30's. Does
anyone have some good sources of information for younger women? I am looking
for books, Web sites, etc, especially with information on diet and exercise.
Since I am lactose intolerant, I would like information on getting calcium
without a whole lot of dairy (I can eat small amounts of cheese, but that's
about it). I would also like some information on medications available and
alternatives to Fosamax. I already have pretty severe gastric reflux, so I
don't think I would do well on Fosamax.

I know that many of you have had this problem, so I would also love to hear
about your personal experiences and what worked for you. Thanks in advance,

Melissa
Charlotte, NC