Date:
Sat, 17 May 2003 20:34:00 -0500

Dear Listmates -

I got some interesting comments on this posting about my problems with
US Customs keeping  the order that Glutino shipped to me on May 9, and
the fact they still have it....and that the customer service person I
spoke with
said they couldn't do anything until the parcel reached me (which it may
never
do):

First, I just got a very nice email from the President of Glutino,
Steven J. Singer.
He read my post and apologized for the problem.  He is shipping a fresh
order on
Tuesday (Monday is a Canadian holiday and everything is closed).

Several listmates said that Glutino is in Montreal (in Laval, near Montreal)
That isn't Toronto and there is no SARS, so US Customs holding on to
57 parcels that Glutino shipped to the US on May 9 is a mystery.
This is already May 17.

One couple on our list said this did happen to them, but it was only
delayed a couple of
days - not this situation.  Another listmate said the same thing and
that it has happened
more than once, but the delay has only been a couple of days.

A few listmates commented that there have been a couple of delays with
items ordered from Canada and not just food items and not just one
company, but delays were only a couple
of days.

Several listmates said they have ordered from Glutino and haven't run
into problems.

One listmate said that if Glutino lists "food" or food items on the
parcel, US Customs is more likely to stop it.

Two listmates suggested not ordering from any companies in Canada, and
one of those said
that maybe US Customs is getting back at Canada for not helping more in the
war against Iraq and is doing it deliberately.

A couple of listmates suggested Kinnikinnick, but I stopped ordering
from Kinnikinnick because the products contain cholesterol and I wanted
to cut my intake.

One person lives near a Whole Foods that is carrying Glutino, and that
listmate doesn't have to worry about shipments from Canada or US
Customs.  The store does.
We don't have a Whole Foods near here, unfortunately.

A couple of listmates said to do a chargeback on my charge card because
of the customer service rep. telling me they won't do anything until the
original parcel gets here, but since the President of Glutino says he is
shipping another order on Tuesday, I don't think that will be necessary.

Thank you, everyone.  I got LOTS of responses on this.
Have a great evening!
Vicki in Homewood, IL, USA