From:
Marie Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marie Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 14:31:14 -0400

Summary for Albuterol Inhalers

Thanks to everyone who replied to my inquiry about Albuterol Inhalers for asthma.  I received about 20 replies.   The following is a list of the inhalers that people verified with companies that were definitely GF.

Ventolin made by Glaxo (no generics, of course)

Zenith Goldline Albuterol

Andryx manufactured by Armstrong Pharmaceuticals, Inc., an Andryx company, Davie, Fl, 33314

MaxAir Autohaler, which is made by 3M

Proventil

Two people said they use Serevant &Qvar-80 instead of Albuterol; one person uses Intal Inhaler which is non-steroidal; one person said they use Combivent which is a combination of Atrovent and Albuterol.

Some people have been using Warrick with no problems.  Several people said they were interested and were awaiting this summary.  Some people were told by their doctors that they should not have a problem with any inhalers.  Some one sent me an article titled:  Inhaled Steroids for Asthma Increase Heart Disease Risk.  (If you would like to read this article email me, and I will forward a copy of it, since it is rather long.)

At least one person said they get shakes from using Albuterol.

Again, thanks to everyone who shared.  I will present this list to my Doctor and pharmacy.

Marie in MD