From:
Sara Chester <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:03:17 -0500

Thank you to everyone who promptly replied to my Chipotle question.  I cannot tell you how happy I am to have this as an alternative!   The following response is the best summary:

"You should be able to eat everything freely, except the tortillas for
 burritos and the soft flour tacos.  The crispy tacos are fine, or you could
 try a "naked burrito," which is a burrito without the tortilla.  There is no
 wheat flour in the crispy corn tacos.  There is no flour in the vegetable
 shortening we use in our fryers, and we don't fry anything in the fryers
 that contains wheat flour.  The corn chips and the corn shells are fried in
 the fryer, and we don't fry them anywhere else.  Our cheese is gluten free.
 Our hot red tomatillo salsa does use white vinegar ( I think someone else
 mentioned that white vinegar in not good for those with celiac-sprue); the
 other salsas use lemon juice.  Our chicken, steak, and barbacoa are seasoned
 with an abobada salsa-marinade.  There are no glutens or flour in this.  I
 hope this helps!"  Sincerely, Joe Stupp Chipotle